COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Crikey – Win an iPad Competition September 2012
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Competition Entry is restricted to those subscriptions processed between midnight September 24, 2012 and midnight September 30, 2012 from the following subscription categories: Annual Subscription $199, Two Year Subscription, $338, Vanilla Subscription $174 – by subscribing at www.crikey.com.au
2. Limit of one (1) entry into each draw per person.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the subscription is held.
5. The draw will take place at 22 William Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 on October 1, 2012 at 10AM AEST. The Winner will be notified by email and winners name will be published in the Crikey subscription email and on the Crikey website (available nationally) on October 1, 2012. The Winner will also be published in The Australian on Friday October 5.
6. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
8. The prize on offer is: 1 x iPad Wi-Fi 32GB - Black (3rd generation) - RRP $649.00
9. Total prize value is $649.00
10. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
11. A redraw for any unclaimed prizes will take place at 4pm on January 1, 2013 at 22 William Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winner will be notified by email and winners name will be published in the Crikey subscription email on January 7, 2013. The Winner will be published in The Australian on January 11, 2013.
12. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
13. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
14. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
15. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (g) taking the prize.
16. The Promoter may provide entrants’ personal information to Australian regulatory authorities as required.
17. The Promoter is Private Media Pty Ltd of Level 6, 22 William St, Melbourne, VIC 3000. ABN 11 102 933 362. Ph: (03) 8623 9900
Authorised under NSW Permit No.LTPS/12/08147, ACT Permit No. ACT TP 12/03664